- About Us
On July 1, 1979, Roger & Becky Mannasmith purchased the Postle-Hale Funeral Home from Dallas and Julia Hale. In so doing, they became the fifth owners of the longest established funeral home in Marysville located at 621 West Fifth Street.
Built between 1861-1864 as a residence for Cornelius Springer Hamilton, the brick home is an excellent example of the popular Italianate architecture that was popular during that era. L.H. Miller established the first funeral home at the location in 1924.
In 1945 the funeral home was sold to William Lee, and in 1952 the name changed once again to Postle Funeral Home. Dallas Hale assumed ownership of the operation upon the death of his father-in-law, M.L. Postle, and operated the business with his wife, Julia, until the eventual sale to the Mannasmiths.
The Mannasmiths, who have also owned Mannasmith-Schnurrenberger Funeral Home in West Mansfield since March 1, 1996, have worked extremely hard to improve the business over the years. Two major additions that enhanced operations were the back parking lot and the Mannasmith West Chapel. The West Chapel houses the casket selection room, which can be converted into a much larger visitation area, the family conference area, a monument selection area, the preparation room, and offices.
The addition of the parking lot provided many more parking spaces for visitors and provided access to the funeral home from both Fifth & Sixth streets.
“The pretty ol’ place”, as Roger refers to the outstanding, red-brick structure, is beautifully decorated within and surrounded by tasteful landscapes. The building offers such a “home-like” atmosphere and that is what so many of the families served truly value.